1. Captains meeting June 24, 2022, 7:00pm.
2. Eligible Fish: King Mackerel only.
3. This is a ‘Heaviest Fish Only’ tournament.
4. No check out
5. For the general tournament on Saturday you may depart out of Fernandina, Mayport or St Augustine inlets at 6:00 am or after with lines in at 6:30.
For the Junior angler tournament on Sunday you must depart from Mayport inlet at 6:30 AM or after with lines in at 7 AM.
6. Tournament headquarters you may call 904-509-0026. We will monitor channel 68 only during weigh in hours.
7. No boats are to come together, unless an emergency exists. No boat may
make landfall, or receive or pass anything to or from land, between 6:30 am and 4pm unless it is an emergency.
8. Boats may not leave the inlet after 6:00 PM Friday July 30 or
between 6:30 PM and 6:30 AM each fishing day.
9. All boats are responsible for getting their fish to the weigh
station under their own power.
11. Weigh-in at Morningstar Marina at Mayport
12. No fish under thirty (30) inches will be allowed for weigh-in.
13. All fish weighed-in become property of the Tournament.
14. Fish must be turned in on day caught.
15. In case of a tie in weight, the winner will be determined by the
16. No mutilated fish will be weighed in. Mutilation is defined as
damage which impairs the fish's fighting ability. All decisions
regarding mutilation will be made by the Weighmaster and they are final.
17. If a protest is to be made, it must take place no later than
30-minutes after the last fish has been weighed for that day's
competition. Any protest must be accompanied by a $200.00 cash deposit,
which will be returned if protest is upheld by the Rules Committee.
18. Captains and their crew are responsible for following all local,
state, and federal fishing and boating laws.
19. No refund of entry fees, unless the tournament is canceled. In that case, entry fees will be returned in full.
20. All entrants are subject to polygraph test to receive prize.
21. Only one prize per boat in the general tournament, and one prize per angler in the Junior angler tournament.
22. The Tournament Committee, in conjunction with the U.S. Coast Guard,
reserves the right to delay, cancel, or reschedule the tournament if a
small craft advisory is posted or anticipated.
23. Jr. Angler Division - All general tournament rules of the King
Buster, including those outlined below, apply to the Jr. Angler Competition.
24. Jr. Anglers may not be older than 16 years of age. The minimum age limit is 5.
25. Jr. Anglers must strike and fight their fish to the gaff. Their hand
must turn the reel. Jr. Anglers may weigh-in one fish per boat each day.
26. Captains must fish the general Tournament to be able to fish the
Junior Angler Tournament
27. All decisions by the Rules Committee are final.