1. Final Registration is 6:00 PM, June 21, 2019. Captain or crew member from each registered boat must attend final registration to receive boat number and attend the Captain’s Meeting. The Captain’s Meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:00 PM.
2. Eligible Fish: King Mackerel only.
3. This is a ‘Heaviest Fish Only’ tournament.
4. All boats must check-out from St. Augustine or Mayport.
5. Check-Out times are 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM.
6. All boats checking in to weigh fish must be in the weigh in line at Morningstar Marina at Mayport by 4:00 PM.
7. Tournament headquarters will monitor VHF Channel 68 only, or you may call 904-509-0026.
7. No boats are to come together, unless an emergency exists.No boat may make landfall, or receive or pass anything to or from land, after check-out or before boat has weighed in.
Failure to check out will disqualify that boat for the days fishing.
8. Boats may not leave the inlet after 6:00 PM Captain's meeting or between 6:30 PM and 6:00 AM each fishing day.All boats must check-out before leaving inlet.
9. Boats checking-in without fish to weigh, must check-in by VHF Channel 68, by phone or text with tournament base (904)509-0026 NO LATER THAN 5:00 PM.
10. All boats are responsible for getting their fish to the weigh station under their own power.
11. Weigh-in begins at 3 PM.You must be checked in and in weigh in line at Morningstar Marina at Mayport by 4 PM to weigh in fish.
12. No fish under thirty (30) inches will be allowed for weigh-in.
13. All fish weighed-in become property of the Tournament.
14. Fish dropped overboard during weigh-in will be disqualified.
15. Fish must be turned in on day caught.
16. In case of a tie in weight, the winner will be determined by the earliest weigh-in.
17. No mutilated fish will be weighed in. Mutilation is defined as damage which impairs the fish's fighting ability. All decisions regarding mutilation will be made by the Weighmaster.
18. If a protest is to be made, it must take place no later than 30-minutes after the last fish has been weighed for that day's competition. Any protest must be accompanied by a $200.00 cash deposit, which will be returned if protest is upheld by the Rules Committee.
19. Captains and their crew are responsible for following all local, state, and federal fishing and boating laws.
20. No refund of entry fees, unless the tournament is cancelled due to hurricane warnings. In that case, prorated entry fees will be returned after expenses.
21. All entrants are subject to polygraph test to receive prize.
22. Only one prize per boat.
23. The Tournament Committee, in conjunction with the U.S. Coast Guard, reserves the right to delay, cancel, or reschedule the tournament if a small craft advisory is posted or anticipated.
24. Jr. Angler Division - All general tournament rules of the King Buster, including those outlined below, apply to the Jr. Angler Competition.
25. Jr. Anglers may not be older than 16 years of age. There is no minimum age limit.
26. Jr. Anglers must strike and fight their fish to the gaff. Their hand must turn the reel. Jr. Anglers may weigh-in one fish per boat each day.
27. All decisions by the Rules Committee are final.